Dads Of Great Students
Provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important
What is it?
- Dads Of Great Students
- Nationwide program started in 1998
- They are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school.
- Our goal is for you to spend one day in the school this school year to be a positive male role model.
What do WATCH D.O.G.S do?
- Your Watch DOGS day is scheduled.
- Wear something comfortable (you may go outside for recess)
- Bring your lunch!
- Check-in at the front office 10 minutes prior to the start of school.
- Your class agenda and map of school will be printed for you when you arrive at school.
- Follow your agenda & map. Each Teacher you visit will have you help out in class.
- Give fist bumps and high-fives!
- Be ready to have fun!
WATCH D.O.G.S FAQ
How many Watch DOGS can be scheduled a month?
We will try to schedule at least two per month but would like to do more where possible
We will try to give preference for Dads that are in their last year at Addams and those that were unable to be scheduled during the prior school year.
Can I cover a partial day?
Yes! We are flexible.
What if I have more than one child at Addams?
Your Watch DOGS day schedule will cover all of your children’s classrooms
What grade does my child need to be in for me to be a Watch DOG?
DK through 5th grade